All Gobbled Up!
We have zero leftovers! Amazing... they usually last at least a week. How was your Thanksgiving? We were very thankful to have friends share their bounty with us this year. Since neither of our families are near we always try to open our house to others during the holiday season.
We had a feast for sure! Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Squash Casserole, Green Beans, Broccoli-Rice Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, Cranberry Dressing, Pumpkin Pie, Derby Pie, Chess Pie and Pecan Pie! YUMMMMY!! Everything with the exception of the Turkey, Dressing and Rolls I made.
After a long day I hit the sack so I could wake early and shop. My alarm went off at 3:30am! I got in line at Target around 4:30am. Friend #1 met me (with Starbucks and a Sour Cream Donut in hand) around 5:25am and Friend #2 met us inside after 6am. We were about 40 people back from the doors... not too bad! I got everything I had on my list and didn't have to throw any elbows...hehee, not that I would have. Actually, everyone was polite and considerate.... no fights, no pushing, no crowd control needed. It was a long day, 9 hours of shopping with no kiddos in tow.... sweet!
I ended up hosting our crop the same night so I had been up for 23 1/2 hours by the end of the day. I think getting 2 1/2 layouts finished was pretty good. Needless to say, yesterday was a lazy day! :)
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!!
We had a feast for sure! Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Squash Casserole, Green Beans, Broccoli-Rice Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, Cranberry Dressing, Pumpkin Pie, Derby Pie, Chess Pie and Pecan Pie! YUMMMMY!! Everything with the exception of the Turkey, Dressing and Rolls I made.
After a long day I hit the sack so I could wake early and shop. My alarm went off at 3:30am! I got in line at Target around 4:30am. Friend #1 met me (with Starbucks and a Sour Cream Donut in hand) around 5:25am and Friend #2 met us inside after 6am. We were about 40 people back from the doors... not too bad! I got everything I had on my list and didn't have to throw any elbows...hehee, not that I would have. Actually, everyone was polite and considerate.... no fights, no pushing, no crowd control needed. It was a long day, 9 hours of shopping with no kiddos in tow.... sweet!
I ended up hosting our crop the same night so I had been up for 23 1/2 hours by the end of the day. I think getting 2 1/2 layouts finished was pretty good. Needless to say, yesterday was a lazy day! :)
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!!


1 Comments:
I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was a success with the family and freiends. Your feast sounds soooo YUMMY! I think I could go for some more turkey and dressing. :) I can't get over that you had a crop at your house the night of Black Friday. Ya'll are tough girls... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home