Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another redundant post...

Every time I visit my blog to make a new post I get this feeling that I'm being a tad redundant. It's the same old thing... :D

We're still trying to get settled in. It's hard without the "man of the house" to help hang large mirrors, shelves or even rods for the new window treatments. I know that's not all he's good for, but those traits certainly do come in handy during times like these!

School is going okay for the kids. I've got two drastically different teachers (than what we've had in the past) and teaching molds to deal with. On Elisabeth's end we have the middle-aged, stern and grumpy 2nd grade teacher who nit picks everything and puts frowny faces on papers. And on Landon's end we have the middle-aged, "queen of everything" teacher who seems to have it out for my kid. I don't know why.. but she will intentionally leave him out of certain activities (according to him) and makes excuses as to why they don't have time for him to retrieve his treasure from the Treasure Box. He comes home upset, which just makes me more furious... that he actually realizes what she does. So, come next week I'll have two parent-teacher meetings and hopefully get to the bottom of everything.

On to good news, my next door neighbor is a SCRAPPER!!! We've already scrapped together one day last week. What a relief! She's really sweet, has two kids that are the same age as two of mine and her husband is also a Jason. Lots of similarities! Other than that I'm still getting furniture deliveries... which has been fun. And of course to fill some of my days Bella and I have done lots of shopping! :)

Here are a couple of new layouts to share.... I LOVE the Vintage Moon by Pink Paislee... LOVE IT!!





So glad that tomorrow is Friday and only 10 more days till my DH is here with us!!!
Have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all miss you here!

Love the layout that you did last Friday via Webcam! I saw that paper at a LS and knew you would find something really cool to do with it. Popping the owl was such a GREAT idea. You come up with the most unique things! I'm jealous, lol. Just like the rest of the stalkers in JPS group.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is this webcam and what is JPS the previous person commented about?
Enjoy looking at your stuff. Where else can it be found?
Thanks

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the reason I was posting is
when my son was in grade school he had a teacher that I could see did not like him. (She was a principle's wife.) What was an A for other students was a B for him. I was present on many occasions and found her to be just nasty to him. I was in Bible Study Fellowship at the time and we were discussing God's favor and we could request it. Well over the Christmas school break, I decided that is what I was going to do. I was going to start praying he would gain her favor and that she would like him. It hurt me to see her be unkind as an adult to a student. When the new year started her heart was changed and there was an evident change in her treatment of him.
Rather than confront them esp in the beginning if you believe in prayer try it. It worked for us.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Love the layouts Mary!!

Wanted to let you know the kids and I are staying at my aunts. Not sure for how long. Probably until the gas supply is back up and able to buy gas more easily....for the generator.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Fink said...

It does stink to have to deal with teachers like these! I hope you get to the bottom of things!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

I have to agree with Robyn...

WE ALL MISS YOU HERE!

I just had to pass by and tell you that. LOL

8:26 AM  
Blogger Staci Compher said...

hope you're all settled in....and that is so cool to have a neighbor who is a scrapper...love the pages......

3:21 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Hi Mary,
Long time no chat.
How are you and the family doing these days?
I see you have moved to W.Va. That is a big move. Hope your all settled in and enjoying your new place. Where abouts are you at, I am not all that far from there.
Love the new layouts, You really do a wonderful job.
I hope I get to see more soon...
I would love to hear updates on the family!!
Hope all is well... Ali

5:55 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hey lady!!! I love the layouts...as always! :) We really do miss you here and I feel awful that I haven't visited your blog in ages!!! Will we be seeing you at SNS this weekend via webcam???

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home